THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE POSITION IN NORFOLK, VIRGINIA
Norfolk based shipyard needs experienced Welder to start yesterday. Various benefits and opportunity available for the right candidate.
- Review details of the work package such as technical information, specification items, drawings, manuals, sketches, etc.
- Assist production by welding various structures and materials.
- Must adhere to applicable documents, references, and safety guidelines including, but not limited to the following:
- MIL STD 22D, 248, 278, 271, 1689, 2035
- Current Stick (SMAW) certification for both Carbon and Stainless Steel
- Current Flux Core (FCAW) certification for both Carbon and Stainless Steel
- Can read and interpret weld symbols on blueprints and drawings
- Must be able to obtain a Government facility security badge (DBIDS/RAPIDGate)
IMAGE offers several benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Term Life and Short Term Disability insurance options
After qualifying factors (hours worked, etc), you are eligible for
- 6 paid holidays
- 1 week of paid vacation
HOURS: 6 AM – 2:45 PM
LOCATION: Downtown Norfolk Waterfront
SALARY: $18 minimum