THIS IS A INDEFINITE TEMP ASSIGNMENT IN VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
A private defense contractor is in need of background investigators starting November 28, 2022
- Work in various databases to research issues in candidates’ backgrounds who are seeking approval for employment.
- Conduct interviews over the phone and input data into the company computer system as directed.
- Faxing, scanning and copying documents to include in prospective employee files during background checks.
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS REQUIRED:
Strong typing (40 wpm min/1-2 errors minimum)
Data Entry (7000 kph min)/1-2 errors minimum)
MS Word, Excel and Outlook 2010 (must test)
Good grammar (you will be tested)
Must have experience using basic office equipment (copier, desktop scanner, fax)
BACKROUND AND CREDIT CHECKS/DRUG TESTS REQUIRED:
- Must pass a 7-panel drug test
- Background check (DO NOT omit anything! Show all traffic tickets, misdemeanors and felonies including pending charges, must disclose everything or you will not be considered)
- Credit check (Student loans, bankruptcy and/or medical issues on credit reports may not disqualify you.) You must disclose everything. You will be given an opportunity to explain why something is on your credit.
One week of training in a group (9AM – 4PM with 1 HR lunch) and a 2nd week if needed of hands-on training.
MUST WILLING AND ABLE TO WORK FROM 7AM – 7PM or later. Standard set hours are 8:30-5:30 with earlier or later hours required as needed. No exceptions.
This position averages 50-60 hours a week. You will be given 1 day off a week. Saturday and Sundays are typically 5-hour work days if you are scheduled to work on those days. Friday, everyone gets off at 5:30pm without fail. (You can not stay late on Friday). THIS IS NOT NEGOTIABLE.
LOCATION: Town center area of Virginia Beach
HOURS: 8:30AM – 5:30PM (MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 7AM – 7PM 6 DAYS A WEEK IF NEEDED)
SALARY: $20 per hour plus overtime.