THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE POSITION IN NORFOLK, VA
Local office of national publisher in immediate need of an experienced AR/Billing specialist to join their team asap!
- Prepare billing files to produce invoices while observing corresponding calendars and billing cycles. You will maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the departmental workflows to resolve or escalate invoice processing matters.
- Support quality assurance of invoiced orders by performing pre-billing and post-billing audits to identify and resolve discrepant invoicing data.
- Receive incoming cash receipts and process in the AR subledger, record and verify daily. You will perform research on misapplied and unidentified payments.
- Process interface billing details for general ledger posting.
- Manage accounts receivable customer data in the accounting system. Research and resolve customer A/R account issues.
- Responsible for reconciling AR roll forward and aging on a weekly basis.
- You will prepare routine reports, respond to ad hoc report requests and compile data for management review.
- Collaborate with other team members to provide support by thoroughly researching and replying to our customer account inquiries.
- Maintain understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance. Clear and comprehensive documentation will be maintained by you to provide support for financial processing and controls.
- Generate documented Standard Operating Procedures and keep all documentation current.
- Participation in AR system conversions including testing and documentation of all processing relating to cash application and billing.
- 3+ years of related work experience performing billing and receivables processes or other relevant experience
- Experience recording, validating and reconciling extremely high dollar transactions (including multi-currency) to the sub ledgers on a daily basis
- Demonstrated knowledgeable of general accounting principles
- Knowledgeable of accounts receivable cycle from order to cash.
- Perform intermediate Excel functions with the ability to create, edit, and present financial data and ad hoc reporting
- Understand financial controls and perform tasks while achieving a high-level of accuracy
- Experience working in a network environment with client server technology and proficiency using CRM and ERP applications
- Knowledge of performing AR/billing for a large national company is strongly preferred.
- Experience communicating with colleagues and customers by using appropriate means of communication applications and virtual meeting participation
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with moderate management oversight
- Strong work ethic with a defined sense of urgency
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Associates degree in finance or business
- Experience with CRM software systems, Adpoint and Salesforce
LOCATION: Norfolk, VA
SALARY: $55k based on experience
HOURS: 8 hour shift starting as early as 7:30AM. 2 days on site/3 days remote work from home.